The DBH Leaky Home Remediation Workshop is coming to the Tauranga on 14th March and there is still room for registrations! Click here to Register
Builders’ workshops on leaky home repairs
If you want to know more about the whole process, take up this work as a business opportunity or are simply concerned about the risks, then this course is for you. It is also highly recommended (although not essential) if you’re interested in becoming WaterTight Warranty Accredited.
Written by a builder for builders, this one-day workshop includes:
- Typical building failures and how to deal with them
- Considerations when pricing these complex projects
- Tips on how to set up, plan and manage the projects
- Understanding the risks and how to manage them
- How to ensure you get paid
- Health and Safety issues such as dealing with moulds and rotten timber
- The weathertight homes Financial Assistance Package (FAP)
About the Presenter
Harry Dillon, an experienced builder who has successfully remediated over 200 New Zealand homes, leads the course. It also includes interactive sessions with legal experts and the Building and Housing Group of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment.
The course has been approved for 8 Licensed Building Practitioner professional development points. It costs $100 per person and runs from 8am-4pm (lunch included).