Twenty-eight Acceptable Solutions and ten Verification Methods for complying with the Building Code have been amended and will take effect from 1 January 2017.
Consultation on the amendments to the Acceptable Solutions and Verification Methods, as well as two new Acceptable Solutions, took place from 20 July to 31 August 2016. Ninety-two people submitted feedback on these proposals, which helped to refine and finalise the amendments.
Two proposed Acceptable Solutions, E2/AS4 Torch-on Membrane Systems for Roofs and Decks and E3/AS2 Internal Wet Area Membranes, require further development and will not be published at this time.
The following describes which version of an Acceptable Solution or Verification Method to use when submitting a complete application for a building consent:
- Until 31 December 2016: use the existing version (prior to 1 January 2017 only the existing version is an Acceptable Solution or Verification Method)
- From 1 January to 30 May 2017 *: use either the existing version or the newly published version (during this transition period either version is an Acceptable Solution or Verification Method)
- From 31 May 2017 *: use the newly published version (the existing version is no longer an Acceptable Solution or Verification Method)
* An exception to this transition period is for D2/AS1, which is extended to 6 August 2017. From 7 August 2017, only the Amendment 7 version of D2/AS1 can be used as an Acceptable Solution. Amendments have been made to the following documents:
- B1 Structure: B1/AS1, B1/VM1, B1/VM4
- B2 Durability: B2/AS1
- C1-C6 Protection from fire: C/AS1 to C/AS7
- D1 Access routes: D1/AS1, D1/VM1
- D2 Mechanical Installations for Access: D2/AS1
- E1 Surface Water: E1/VM1
- E2 External Moisture: E2/AS3
- E3 Internal Moisture: E3/AS1
- F2 Hazardous Building Materials: F2/AS1
- F4 Safety from Falling: F4/AS1
- F6 Visibility in Escape Routes: F6/AS1
- F8 Signs: F8/AS1
- G2 Laundering: G2/AS1
- G3 Food Preparation and Prevention of Contamination: G3/AS1
- G4 Ventilation: G4/AS1, G4/VM1
- G10 Piped Services: G10/AS1, G10/VM1
- G11 Gas as an Energy Source: G11/AS1
- G12 Water Supplies: G12/AS1, G12/AS2, G12/VM1
- G13 Foul Water: G13/AS1, G13/AS2, G13/AS3, G13/VM2
- G14 Industrial Liquid Waste: G14/VM1
- H1 Energy Efficiency: H1/AS1, H1/VM1.