Call for Papers now open
The 2016 Building Officials Institute of New Zealand’s Annual Conference and Expo is designed for professionals whose work is linked to the building surveying sector.
The audience is comprised of regulatory professionals including building officers, inspectors and surveyors, building consent processors, regulatory managers and team leaders, government representatives and other industry stakeholders.
We are again looking to build an exciting and challenging technical programme across the building surveying spectrum that encompasses a range of relevant nationwide industry issues, experiences, solutions and innovations that will give delegates, including our stakeholder colleagues, an opportunity to gain further insight, knowledge and expertise, with the goal to develop their skills as professionals in their fields.
The 2016 Annual Conference & Expo will be held at the Air Force Museum of New Zealand, Wigram, Christchurch, New Zealand from the 15 – 18 May.
Our conference delegates are open minded, critical thinkers who are hungry for knowledge and new learning opportunities. If you have a topic, presentation or research which would be a great fit in our technical programme, we want to hear from you.
Technical Programme themes & topics
The Technical Committee invites the industry to submit an abstract based on the following programme themes and topics:
- Plumbing & Drainage
- Fire/Fire Regulations
- Inspection, Product and Process Innovation
- Special Interest/Other
Once the date for submissions has closed, the Events Technical Committee will meet to discuss the merits of individual submissions for presentations and workshops. The Call for Papers is open until Monday 16th November 2015 and authors are asked to submit the following to the Institute’s office:
- Application Submission Form
- Up to a 300 word abstract of your proposed paper
- A short career history and a commitment to personally present the paper at the conference (pending paper acceptance)
- Call for Papers Open: Monday 14 September 2015
- Submission of Abstract Due: Monday 16 November 2015
- Preliminary Acceptance of Papers: Monday 23 November 2015
- Confirmation from Author: Monday 30 November 2015
To submit your abstract
- Via our website: Please click here to electronically submit your abstract
- Via email: Please click here to download the Abstract Submission Form, and email your completed form and documents to email@example.com
For further information
If you require any further information, or have any questions, please contact:
Marketing & Events Manager
Building Officials Institute of New Zealand
PO Box 11424
04 473 6002