The latest on the LBP Skills Maintenance Scheme
All Licensed Practitioners will be in the revised scheme by the 30th November 2017. The scheme is broken into two parts: Compulsory and Elective.
- Read Codewords and answer the quiz questions. If you do not receive Codewords via email then check your details on the public register or call MBIE on their help line: 0800 60 60 50. To read and subscribe to Codewords, click here. To listen to Codewords, click here
- Undertake one on the job learning. Example: Attend a seminar, learn something new and apply it to site. Don’t forget to capture the evidence of this new learning.
- This part of Skills Maintenance you will be familiar with. It is largely a continuation of what you are currently doing; reading news articles, attending ToolBox Seminars etc. Rule of thumb, one hour’s learning is equal to one point.
- The number of points required has been halved. Example: Carpentry required 24 points over two years; this is now 12 points over the same period. NZCB recommends keeping it simple and targeting 6 points per year.
The LBP Online Diary
- Set up a REALME Account
Set up an account
- Once you’ve set up your account you can now access the diary through the LBP Home Page
Access online diary
- Enter your user name and password
- You can select from a number of options
– Update your profile
– Enter your Skills Maintenance Points in the online diary
– Fill in an electronic Record of Works
– Download the LBP logo to place on the bottom of your emails or signwriting