Common issues raised as a result of site inspections by GDC Building Control Officers
12:00 pm on August 30, 2012
1. Completed application form for CCC not always received at the appropriate time.
2. Provide as built information and certification at CCC application stage:
a. As built drain plan
b. Electrical test and commissioning certification
c. Pressure test certification
d. FPIS certificate (e.g. fire alarm systems, sprinklers)
e. Gas installers certification
f. PS3s'/ PS4s'from Contractors and Engineers
3. As built information required for Compliance Schedules prior to CCC.
4. Proposed amendments to be issued to Council in sufficient time to allow them to be processed PRIOR to any associated inspections. Allow 20 working days for Council to process any amendments. "Minor" amendments only can be agreed with the Building Control Officer on site.
5. Smoke alarms to be fitted prior to the final inspection by Council.
6. Restricted Building Work (RBW) and Licenced Building Practitioners (LBPs'):
a. Council to be notified lN WRITING of all the LBP's undertaking RBW BEFORE
the work starts on site.
b. Council to be notified lN WRITING of any changes to LBPs' through the building
c. LBPs' to provide memoranda of Record of Building Work to the Owner, and
Council, when they've completed their elements of the work.
d. lf a proposed design amendment for RBW is submitted after the Building Consent
Certificate is issued, then a new Memoranda Certificate of Design Work is also
required from the Designer.
7. Council to be issued with most up-to-date roof truss design layout, and fixing
specification, prior to the inspection of the roof by the Building Control Officer. Truss fixings to be completed.
8. Use proper baseplate fixings for bracing elements.
9. Complete handrails and barriers on decks prior to requesting an inspection.
10. Re-fit insulation in the ceiling after any services or lights have been installed.
11. Seal around all bathroom fittings prior to final inspection.
12. No thresholds to exit doors to be >20mm in height for commercial and communal buildings for accessible entrances.
13. Flashings used not as shown on the consented plans.
14. Window support bars not fitted.
15. Seal hole in bottom of metre boxes.
16. Reinforcement steel used in footings and slabs to be as consented plans, including the proper cover, laps, and supports.
17.% height brick inspection means % height (NOT within a couple of courses of the top of the wall!). Cavities to be cleaned out prior to inspection.
18. Holes left in foundation.
19. Complete soakage holes and trenches.
20. Air seals not fitted at time of inspection.
21. Footings not dug as consented plans.
22. Metre boxes and light switches in bracing segments to be fixed and located conectly.
23. Use conect recessed light fittings in combination with the appropriate insulation (nonflammable and non-combustible).
24. Boundary pegs to be in place at the time of the first inspection by Council to confirm the correct setting out of the building.