Builders who want to get involved in leaky home repairs can now sign up for a practical one-day workshop. Places are limited so register today.
If you want to know more about the whole process, take up this work as a business opportunity or are simply concerned about the risks, then this course is for you.
Written by a builder for builders, this one-day workshop includes:
- Typical building failures and how to deal with them
- Considerations when pricing these complex projects
- Tips on how to set up, plan and manage the projects
- Understanding the risks and how to manage them
- How to ensure you get paid
- Health and Safety issues such as dealing with moulds and rotten timber
- The weathertight homes Financial Assistance Package (FAP)
All courses run from 8.00am to 4.00pm. Lunch is provided.
The course has been approved for 8 Licensed Building Practitioner professional development points.
If there is enough demand, more workshops may be added. Let us know if you are interested.
Registration fee: $100 incl GST per builder
If you have any questions about the course please phone the workshop coordinator at DBH on (04) 817 4839.
About the presenter
Harry Dillon, an experienced builder who has successfully remediated over 200 New Zealand homes, leads the course. It also includes interactive sessions with legal experts and the Department of Building and Housing.